Create your Profile
Your profile allows you to specify settings for how you engage with Moodle, such as how emails are delivered to you from the site. This is also where you can add information about yourself to let other participants find out more about you. You can include a photo or image in your profile - this will be used to represent you within the site, for example in any discussion rooms or chat sessions you participate in. To edit your profile, follow the instructions below.
- To change your profile click on your name in the Online Users block
- Go to the Settings block and choose Edit Profile
- Select the changes you wish to make to any of the fields that allow you to add text or make a selection from the drop down menu.
- Access the description box and enter details about yourself.
- Beneath the description box here is an option to upload a photo. You can edit your profile at any time but please don’t be shy, do upload a photo if you have one.
- Add any other information you like as indicated.
- Update your profile when you are happy with the changes.
- Helps you to learn how to navigate the course site.
- Helps with socialisation.
- Lets you practice uploading material (i.e. your photo).