Let's plan an online session
Roles and Responsibilities
It is important to understand that planning an online session might involve other people. For each software application the roles will have different names.
Here are some of the most common roles and their equivalents. The terms used below are generally interchangeable.
Host (Webex, Adobe Connect)
Moderator (Blackboard Collaborate)
In all cases this category of user will have full control of the online room, they will be able to:
- Schedule and host online sessions
- Invite guests
- Grant and revoke attendee privileges
- Add content to the library
- Share content
- Edit layouts
- Create and manage small group breakout rooms
- Conduct quizzes, polls, web tours and file transfers
- Start and stop recording of online sessions
Participants will have control over their microphones and webcams and be able to use chat to communicate.
When the session starts, the moderator/teacher/trainer may pass moderating privileges to other presenters or participants.