Lunchtime Bytes 2013/14 ... delivered to your desk
Jisc RSC Wales aims to explore new ways to reach more people, whilst saving travel costs, by using online conferencing technology. Lunchtime Bytes webinars deliver bite-size chunks of information to you in real time, at your desk, in an interactive way.
This page gives you essential information to enable you to participate in a Lunchtime Byte, or listen to a recording. It also provides recordings and other resources from Lunchtime Bytes 2013/2014. Resources from the previous year are here.
Please note that when you click on a link to access a recording of a Lunchtime Byte, it can take some time to load. If you have any problems accessing recordings please contact us.
Useful Information to join Lunchtime Bytes
- Lunchtime Bytes take place in an online environment called Blackboard Collaborate. Before taking part in a Collaborate session, or listening to a recording, it is essential that you run a 'pre-flight check' on the equipment you intend to use.
- We recommend that you check your equipment well in advance of the event, so that you have time to sort out any queries. We'll remind you when we send your joining instructions, but it is best to do it sooner if possible.
- You need to check that you have have the correct settings and the latest version of Java installed on the device you plan to use. You can check your settings on the Blackboard Collaborate page for First Time Users: http://bit.ly/YKUthi. At this link you can also use the Configuration Room to check your audio, and familiarise yourself with Collaborate.
- The use of headset with microphone is highly recommended when participating in webinars, to avoid noise contamination and feedback. It is advisable to check your audio beforehand and you will also be invited to run a check at the start of the webinar.
- If you wish to check whether your hardware/software is compatible with Collaborate you can check this page (correct as of 10 April 2013).
- When you sign in to Collaborate for the first time, you will need to confirm your internet connection speed.
- You will then be asked to sign in to the session. Please use your name and organisation as you wish them to appear on screen, for example Russell Symmons (Jisc RSC Wales)
- Collaborate is designed to enable users with disabilities to fully participate. See the Collaborate Accessibility webpage for further information. We work to make our webinars accessible to all. If you have any particular accessibility requirements, or require any assistance, please contact us via email@example.com or tel. 01792 295959 so we can discuss how best to meet your needs.
Forthcoming Lunchtime Bytes will be posted at: http://www.jiscrsc.ac.uk/wales/